及物动词经营; 使用; 完成(困难的事); 明智地使用(金钱、时间、信息等)
及物/不及物动词办理,设法对付
不及物动词能解决(问题); 应付(困难局面等); 凑合着活下去; 支撑
及物动词
1. Can the child manage chopsticks now?
孩子会用筷子了吗?
2. I can't manage another mouthful.
我一口也吃不下了。
3. How did you manage to get their approval?
你怎么得到他们的同意的?
4. The pilot managed to circle the balloon for some time.
这位飞行员设法绕气球飞了一阵。
不及物动词
1. He had such a great deal of work to do, but somehow he managed.
他手头的工作实在太多,但他还是应付得来。
1. 处理:当我们能掌握和理解到事物出现和运作的法则,便能提高我们处理(manage)事物的能力. 这样,当我们能掌握和理解到情绪和感受的生灭法则,我们便能更善巧和根本地处理自心的情绪和感受. 在此有必要强调,佛法对情绪和感受的觉照,
2. 设法:2 D 词义比较逻辑推理 在这冬日的夜晚,她这个22岁的学生想方设法(manage)把车停在了路边. afford提供, 给予, 供应得起;want想要;allow允许, 承认;manage搞成, 设法, 达成. 3 A 逻辑推理词义辨析 却没有备用的(spare)轮胎.
1. 管理;经营;掌管
If you manage an organization, business, or system, or the people who work in it, you are responsible for controlling them.
e.g. Within two years he was managing the store...
不出两年他就开始管理这家店了。
e.g. Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed...
这个地区的绝大多数工厂都十分陈旧,经营状况也非常糟糕。
2. 谨慎地使用,好好地利用(时间、金钱等)
If you manage time, money, or other resources, you deal with them carefully and do not waste them.
e.g. In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important...
在忙碌的世界里,善于利用时间变得越来越重要。
e.g. Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.
乔希指望我对每笔家庭支出都精打细算。
3. 设法做到;成功完成
If you manage to do something, especially something difficult, you succeed in doing it.
e.g. Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him...
不知用了什么方法,他成功说服凯给他买了一个。
e.g. I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge...
我终于爬上了一块潮湿倾斜的暗礁。
4. 成功对付;设法应对
If you manage, you succeed in coping with a difficult situation.
e.g. She had managed perfectly well without medication for three years...
3年来,她一直没有服药却挺了过来。
e.g. I am managing, but I could not possibly give up work...
我正在努力应付,但我不可能放弃工作。
5. 抽出,腾出,安排出(时间、金钱等)
If you say that you can manage an amount of time or money for something, you mean that you can afford to spend that time or money on it.
e.g. This makes it ideal for those who can only manage a few hours in the morning or evening...
对于那些只能在早晚抽出几个小时的人来说,这是最理想不过的了。
e.g. 'All right, I can manage a fiver,' McMinn said with reluctance.
麦克明不情愿地说:“好吧,我可以出5镑。”
6. 勉强做出(微笑、寒暄等);强作
If you say that someone managed a particular response, such as a laugh or a greeting, you mean that it was difficult for them to do it because they were feeling sad or upset.
manage的意思
e.g. He looked dazed as he spoke to reporters, managing only a weak smile...
跟记者谈话的时候,他只是勉强挤出一丝淡淡的微笑,显得非常恍惚。
e.g. He managed a few sentences about his visit to the prison...
他勉强描述了一下探监情况。
7. (对他人给予帮助的婉拒)我能对付,我能行
You say 'I can manage' or 'I'll manage' as a way of refusing someone's offer of help and insisting on doing something by yourself.
e.g. I know you mean well, but I can manage by myself...
我知道您是一番好意,不过我一个人能行。
e.g. 'I'll do it, Eleanor,' Angus said, quickly jumping up. But this time she only shook her head. 'I'll manage,' she said firmly.
安格斯一跃而起道:“让我来,埃莉诺。”可是,这一次她只是摇了摇头,坚定地说:“我能应付。”